European Cooperation in the Education of Mentally Disabled People
About the Project
The individuals with mental disabilities need special policies and practices in areas such as education, health, care, rehabilitation, employment, etc. As for education, it can be provided to individuals with mental disabilities by specially trained trainers.
The project aims to increase the professional competences of the trainers working with this group, and to reduce the social exclusion faced by people with mental disabilities.
In the context of the project, the trainers will be provided with a special methodology for the alternative ways of communication with the mentally disabled people, as well a methodology for providing the target group with the appropriate sexual education.
The specific objectives of the project are the following:
- to increase trainers competencies by learning alternative communication skills and new practices related to sexual education.
- to reduce the problems experienced by trainers and students
- to increase the quality of education which is provided to those who are mentally disabled
- to increase the professional motivation of teaching staff
- to share experiences and good practices on sexual and communication education
The consortium will establish contacts with centers, schools and associations working with mentally disabled people. In this way, the cooperation between these institutions will be improved, and the exchange of good practices will be achieved.
Full title: European Cooperation in the Education of Mentally Disabled People
İzmit İlçe Milli Eğitim Müdürlüğü – IIMEM (Turkey), INNETICA (Spain), TUCEP IST (Italy), European Institute for Local Development – EILD (Greece), Wyzsza Szkola Biznesu i Naul o Zdorowiu – WSBINOS (Poland), Nuh Çimento Vocational School (Turkey).