Our organization, European Institute for Local Development (EILD), was founded in 2009 as an independent non-governmental organization whose members are European citizens and organizations interested in supporting regional development activities.
The General Committee is formed by local development stakeholders and specialists from various sectors of the civil society and European Member States: academics, NGOs, development agents, association managers, civil servants and social economy companies, as well as European organizations for local development.
European Institute for Local Development’s mission is to provide innovative tools for the sustainability of regions promoting experience sharing between its members and partners for sustaining international cooperation, skillful networking and further progress and growth. Especially, during the big financial and social crisis, European Institute for Local Development decides to give direct solutions to European needs. It continually develops and it becomes a dominant social player in national and European level.
EILD coordinates activities across Europe through our secretariat based in Greece and through our European consultants. Our staff members are experienced in implementing local development actions in remote, marginalized and difficult accessed areas. We participate and lead global actions and initiatives that contribute to regional development across the globe.
We contribute to the integration of the whole areas in a more balanced way through economic, social, and environmentally beneficial initiatives in order to extensively increase the population’s quality of life.
European Institute for Local Development is an independent, non-governmental organization, whose members are citizens, enterprises, academics and social partners in Europe and worldwide. WE ARE ALREADY A NETWORK OF 42 ORGANIZATIONS.
Education through New Technologies
- Non-formal/ Vocational education
- ICT education and innovative educational activities
- Integration of educational solutions into mainstream curricula
- Specialized education for specific groups
EILD focuses on understanding the obstacles that prevent people, institutions, and non-governmental organizations from realizing their developmental goals and assists them to enhance measurable and sustainable results.
EILD implements capacity building at 3 levels: individual, institutional and societal. Throughout the process EILD focus on needs assessment, exchange of experiences and promotion of wining models.
EILD aims to raise awaireness on various issues and fields through:
- Campaigns designed to raise public awareness on an issue (national, european, global campaigns)
- Public events appearances
- Active role in society through support of grass roots organizations (alliances and empowerment of NGOs)
- Organization and participation in conferences
Exchange of knowledge
Exchange of knowledge is a process which brings together organizations, entities, academics, local authorities, users of research and wider groups and communities to:
- Exchange ideas, evidence and expertise
- Facilitated exchange of strategies and practices for the integration of processes, learning and innovation
- Explore and discuss ideas, new developments and concerns related to the management of knowledge
- Inspire collaboration between countries
- Encourage innovation and the sharing of practical experience
- Be a resource for others
- Access ready knowledge and solutions
- Facilitate timely and systematic sharing of knowledge in the form of good practices, lessons learned, and insight
We achieve exchange of knowledge through:
- National and International Collaborations